The Schwertner Select program is a health based program aimed at weaning a calf in it’s healthiest, natural environment. The specifications are as follows:
- Cattle are sold FOB Schwertner, Texas;
- Initial bill includes cost of cattle, processing, and initial medicine; Initial medicine costs approximately $34-$45 per hd
- Cattle are processed using our veterinarian prescribed vaccination program;
- Schwertner Select calves are BVD/PI tested;
- Cattle are dehorned, bulls cut, tails trimmed;
- Cattle can be branded or implanted according to your specifications;
- Cattle are then turned out on improved pastures and supplemental feed for a minimum of 45 days, with extensions possible depending on forage availability;
- Cost of the program is $2.00 per head per day an all inclusive fee that includes pasture; cowboy doctoring and care, supplemental feed, and mineral;
- Supplemental feed consists of grain and milled supplement at the direction of a competent nutritionist;
- Capitol Land and Livestock will guarantee the death loss not to exceed 3.0 %;
- Chronics and cripples will be either repurchased at %40 percent of original value or delivered at the customers discretion.
- PI positive cattle will be repurchased at %25 of their original value.
- Your final billing charge will show pasture charges, freight charges from Capitol Land and Livestock to your destination, and any death loss/cripple/chronic adjustments. Financing is available while cattle are on Schwertner Select.
Schwertner Select is a health based weaning program and does not provide a guarantee on daily gain.